Vice President - Finance and Operations, Venture Capital Investment Firm - Central London
£80k plus bonus, benefits
Our client is an independent late stage Venture Capital investor focused on UK technology
companies. They provide accelerator capital and strategic support to proven
businesses with innovative proprietary scientific and engineering technology, solving real-world problems in clearly identifiable markets, led by high impact management teams with exceptional track records in scaling businesses.
They offer Family Office investors the opportunity to invest in these companies through co-investment and discretionary portfolios, and offer HNW investors the opportunity to
invest in each deal on an execution-only basis, at lower levels than offered by traditional Venture Capital funds. Both offerings enable investors to build portfolios of world-class technology companies.
Following a period of significant growth, the Board has decided to invest in hiring a Vice
President – Finance and Operations to set up and manage a finance function responsible for key activities across the group. In addition to core management accounting responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to assist with business critical projects and create insightful analysis.
As an integral part of the business, this new hire will work within a tight-knit team to:
- Take the lead on shaping a fully functioning finance department;
- Control all internal finance operations;
- Lead external finance from third party providers;
- Liaise with the Board to create insightful, analytical and commercial Board Packs;
- Own Financial Statement production for various international entities;
- Work with the Board to create financial forecasts and budgets for the various international
entities and consolidated group;
- Create value adding Variance Analysis – including performance to budget / prior year;
- Prepare tax returns and company filings for group companies as required;
- Control reporting of FATCA/CRS;
- Work with auditors to ensure a smooth process;
- Procure a new accountancy software; and
- You will also be involved in a wide range of ad-hoc analytical tasks; including commercial
analysis of intermediary relationships vs business growth.
In addition to key financial tasks, you will also be responsible for managing staff in the team, with additional oversight and ability to be involved in the assessment and improved efficiency of third party contracts. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant (ICAEW/ACA/ICAS/ACCA) with some PQE experience to join a high-growth Venture Capital business in a value adding, commercial finance position. The ideal candidate will have gained experience with in-house finance or come straight from an audit practice in the UK.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to operate independently and
comfortable working in a small business environment out of the company’s growing office facility in the UK, alongside the existing office located in Jersey, Channel Islands.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgTo apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy