Manager, Health Sector - London
At Moorhouse, you can really make a difference!
As we continue to grow as a firm, our principles and values remain at the forefront of everything we do. Our clients are FTSE100 companies, large Government departments and other public sector bodies, including a broad range of NHS organisations, and we work with them on their most complex, high-profile transformation programmes.
Our people are some of the best you will have the opportunity to work with. What stands them apart is the genuine realisation that we can all excel, grow and develop our careers in Moorhouse together. Our relentless focus on maintaining a high-quality bar when it comes to recruitment has been instrumental in differentiating us with our clients and key to our continued growth and success as a firm. We are equally passionate about developing our team, and we offer the best of both worlds: challenging and complex client engagements that rival the big firm consultancies, but also the nurturing, agile and transparent culture of a small firm.
Our people do not need to compete with each other because of promotion quotas or the typical distribution curves that govern performance management in other organisations. We recognise and reward performance consistently and transparently across the firm so that everyone knows where they stand.
Over the next five years our strategy is to maintain our strong growth trajectory and to double in size. To support this, we are looking to recruit experienced Managers to join us on this exciting journey.
What we are looking for
Moorhouse is currently supporting some of the UK’s most significant business transformation programmes. Examples include transforming the performance of NHS Trusts, implementing new operating models for NHS regulators, or automating back office processes in investment banking.
Our continued growth and ever expanding portfolio of great clients across the health sector is why we are recruiting Managers with significant experience to join us. This experience might have been gained from working with a range of organisations including policy makers, regulators, commissioners or providers.
We are open as to the nature of the experience you may bring; for example you may have delivered transformational change in relation to cost improvement, service reconfiguration, performance improvement, integration with social care or development of long-term strategic plans. Indeed with the many challenges currently facing our precious health system, your experience may span a range of disparate projects, or you may have focused deeply in a specific initiative.
We will expect you to lead blended consultant / client delivery teams on key engagements and accounts, with support from our senior leadership team. An ability to combine being a trusted advisor and identifying business development opportunities, with ‘on the ground’ client delivery work. In addition, we will expect you to motivate, support and develop junior members of the Moorhouse team and play an active role in supporting the career development of a small group of colleagues.
The successful candidate must be able to evidence:
- At least 7 years consulting experience preferably with experience preferably gained from the big 4 or other top tier and/or boutique management consultancies delivering at this level.
- Strong background in shaping, mobilising and delivering engagements with health sector organisations, bringing skills in one or more of Programme Management, Change, Operating Model Design, Customer, Digital & Technology or Performance Improvement.
- Experience across disparate organisations – delivery and implementation of complex business change and transformational programmes that has had demonstrable benefit for providers, commissioners, regulators – whether that is at a national, regional or local scale.
- We have a particular interest in candidates who have worked with providers to deliver performance improvement, turnaround, service reconfiguration or other transformational change strategies.
- Experience implementing clinical systems such as electronic patient records systems is desirable
- Building and nurturing strong relationships, both with clients and colleagues.
- Experience of effectively managing and collaborating with senior client stakeholders.
- Ability to lead by example and work collaboratively as part of a blended team.
- Degree qualified with appropriate professional qualifications and accreditations.
To be extraordinary in this role we would expect candidates to:
- Have exceptional management skills
- Motivate and support the development and high performance of our people through informal coaching and leadership
- Think strategically and innovatively
- Inspire others and be seen as a thought leader
- Take personal accountability for business performance and outcomes
Our behaviour and culture is deeply rooted in our values:
- Integrity and accountability: We will do what we say and do it well
- Collaboration: How we do things is as important as what we do, so our approach is always collaborative whether working alongside our clients or together as a firm
- Sense of humour and perspective: We take our work seriously but not ourselves
- Positive pragmatism: Anything is possible, but not everything is sensible
These values apply whether working with a client, a colleague or partner organisation.
Everyone is encouraged to shape and contribute to the continued growth and success of the firm. Every Quarter, the firm 'Escapes' for 24 hours (and annually for four days) to ensure that we regularly come together as a team, share ideas, celebrate success and re-connect with colleagues.
Package and Location
- A total cash package of £109,100 comprising of a base salary of £72,100 and a combination of personal and company bonuses that are paid every six months – we pride ourselves in being in the top-quartile across all consulting salary benchmarks.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by one day for every full year of service to a maximum of 30 days
- The ability to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave per year
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- A range of discounted lifestyle and well-being benefits through Perkbox
Our offices are based near Holborn Circus in central London.
Moorhouse is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and our values underpin a working environment that is inclusive for all those who work for us. We encourage people to bring their whole selves to work, contribute ideas, take initiative and be responsible for their impact on others internally and externally.
We are committed to searching for and recruiting the best qualified candidates, placing merit and competence at the core of recruitment decisions